Looking for an experienced technical writer? Need help with technical documents, API documentation, web help?
I specialize in documenting financial services, banking systems, Amazon AWS, and APIs.
I’m Ivan Walsh, the founder of Klariti Ltd, an in-house technical writing services and placement company based in Dublin, Ireland.
We provide in-house technical writing services that includes:
- Creating, editing, illustrating, and maintaining user manuals
- Writing operator guides, how to guides, technical manuals, service manuals, training materials
- Developing online help, context-sensitive help (CSH), knowledge base articles (KBAs) and more.
As an experienced technical writer, I can deliver the following services:
- Manage all aspects of the documentation process—from planning to disposition.
- Define, evaluate, and implement content standards that reflect your brand values.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to conceptualize and develop content that strengthens your brand.
- Create, maintain, and edit technical content that is used by a wide audience with varying skill levels.
- Write and edit knowledge base content describing technical services and troubleshooting processes.
- Optimize and maintain content for usability and accessibility, while maintaining quality.
- Work directly with development teams and stakeholders to produce complex technical content.
Technical Writing Services (Onsite or via Web)
I help companies when they’re short on staff, over-worked, or need a little direction.
- Do you need help to write user guides, operation manuals, or procedures?
- If you’re behind schedule, can I develop your technical documents to take the pressure off your team?
- Want to improve your MS Word templates? I can help give your documents a nice, polished look.
- Setting up a new Technical Writing dept? I can help you get started. I’ll create templates, style guides, best practices, review processes, train new recruits to use technical writing software.
- Want to convert MS Word documents into Adobe FrameMaker or Robohelp or Madcap Flare?
- Need help with use cases, process design, requirements gathering, information architecture, user adoption, and online help.
- White Papers are a very effective (and inexpensive) way to get the attention of decision-makers, especially those an an executive level.
- They’re an excellent way to generate leads, capture emails, and bring you to the attention of journalists in industry. magazines.
- I’ve worked with IBM and Intel to develop white papers (5-10 pages) that positioned them as thought leaders, innovative, and experts within their fields.
- Would white papers help your marketing efforts? If this interests you, send me an outline of what you’d like to achieve. What publicity you’d like to attract, who you want to target, and what your competitors are doing.
Technical Writing Tools
Experience: Structured and topic-based writing, DITA, XML, CMS, single-sourcing, writing for localization, content conversions, and more.
Technologies: AWS, Grafana, Docker, Confluence, Jira, SharePoint, Github/Gitlab
Tools: Adobe FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Captivate, MadCap Flare, Oxygen XML, SharePoint, Confluence, Jekyll, Markdown, Hugo, Asciidocs and more.
Publishing: Content Management, online publishing, single-source publishing, Web Help, Context Sensitive Help, technical documentation, API documentation, Swagger, RAML
Multimedia: Camtasia Studio, Illustrator, Photoshop, Audacity, Visio
- Technical Documentation (often for bank and financial services)
- Online Help System (RoboHelp/Madcap Flare/HTML5)
- White Papers, datasheets, factsheets, knowledge bases, web portals
- API documentation
Where do I work?
Physically, I’m in Dublin, Ireland.
Online, I’ve worked with clients in China, Germany, Mexico, the UK, and US…
Who have I worked for?
I’ve provided products and services to companies in the UK, US, and China.
Clients include: IBM, NEC, Toshiba, Intel, US Department of Justice, Finastra, Bank of Ireland, Allied Irish Bank, LeasePlan, Valista, Botswatch, S1, and more.
Provided documentation tools for: Accenture, AgileWords, Bearing Point, DHL, Disney, Ernst & Young, KPMG, NEC, Oracle, Vodafone, Western Union
You can contact me here or email me at ivanawalsh at gmail dot com
PS – If you have any questions, email me to arrange a skype (ivanwalsh is my id). There’s no fee for the call!