Looking for software testing templates you can download right now? Save time on your next software testing / QA project with these high quality Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio templates. We’ve created these templates after documenting many IT projects, both for Agile and Waterfall projects. Use these templates to capture test results, monitor progress, generate status reports, to name a few.
Software Testing Forms, Checklists, and Templates
|Acceptance Test Plan||21 page Word template outlines steps required to prepare an ATP||$9.99||Buy Now|
|Software Testing Templates||50 Word + 27 Excel templates Includes Test Plan, Logs, Forms, Reports, Test Case, Script, Report. This set of templates includes checklist, Test Case, Test Plan, Test Report, Test Scenario, Test Strategy, Traceability Matrix and more. Scroll down for details of what’s in the template pack.||$49.99||Buy Now|
|Test Plan||Define approach to development, integration, qualification, and acceptance testing. This Test Plan template includes instructions to the author, boilerplate text, and fields that should be followed when preparing a test plan for your next software project.||$9.99||Buy Now|
Software Testing Templates
The Software Testing Template pack contains the following. The templates are in either MS Word or Excel.
- Acceptance Criteria Log – Use this template to capture the acceptance criteria when testing each functional area.
- Action Item Log – Allocate an action item number, description, status (Low/Medium/High), date reported, resource it was assigned to, its due date, and other additional comments.
- Change Control Log – Identify the basis for the change; confirm whether it is disapproved or approved. Include the Software Change Request Number (SCR) #, Requirements #, date submitted, and whether it is approved/not approved, on hold, in progress, or cancelled.
- Change History Log – Describe the date, author and history in this log file.
- Data Access Control – For each Person or Group, identify the individuals who have access to the test cases and their status, e.g. Development has access to the Test Cases for Web Project.
- Deviation Control Form – Use this form to record minor adjustments (i.e. deviations) that must be made to the system in order for testing to proceed.
- Document Control Form – Use this form to identify, track and monitor test scripts.
- Failed Scripts – Use this script to identify where test scripts have failed and provide details of the error and its severity, e.g. minor error, major error etc.
- Issue Submission Form – Use this to describe errors/issues that must be addressed for testing to proceed. Usually sent by users or testers to the Line Manager.
- Log Status – For each log, identify its Log ID, the nature of the risk/issue, and whether it is Open or Closed.
- Open Issues – Use this to identify all open issues by number, date created; tester, with descriptions of Target Date, Category, Status, Resolution and Date.
- Project Costs – Use this spreadsheet to determine the cost of running all test-related activities throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Quality Log – Use this to capture the module under test, method of checking, tester, Planned Date, Date Completed, Results, Action Items and Sign-off Date.
- Risk Log – Identify the Risk Number, its Date, Type (e.g. Business/Project/Stage) a brief description, Likelihood %, Severity (e.g. Low or Medium) Impact, Action Required, who is was Assigned To and its Status.
- Roles and Responsibilities Descriptions & Matrix – Identify all the roles on the project, with details of their responsibilities. Include contact names and email addresses.
- Status Report – Identify the function that is under test, enter its Business value on a scale of 1-5 with 1 the lowest value and 5 the highest (or whichever numbering system you wish to use); details of the problem severity broken out by a factor of 1 to 5.
- Test Preparation – Use this to identify all activities that must be performed before testing commences, such as reviewing specifications and prioritizing test items.
- Test Case – Use this template to test a specific part of the system as per the Test Plan.
- Test Validation Log – Use this log file to track the results of the test cases.
- Test Script – Enter the Area under test, its Set, whether it has Passed or Failed, with a Description of the Error and its Severity, e.g. L/M/H.
- Test Script List – Enter the Area under test, its Test Case ID, Bug ID, Bug Fixed Date, Bug Fixed By and Fix verified By details.
- Task Preparation – Use this checklist to prepare for the Test Plan: Review Software Requirements Specifications, Identify functions/modules for testing, Perform Risk Analysis.
- Test Case & Validation Log – Use this Test Case template to capture the name of the Test Case; Description; Start Conditions; Pass Criteria; Tester Name; Build Number; Test Data; Steps, Actions and Expected Result.
- Test Tracking Report – Use this report to track the progress of the software tests each Week, capture which are Planned, were Attempted and numbers that are Successful.
- Testing Budget – Use this Excel spreadsheet to plan your quarterly and annual testing budgets. Identify, quantify and cost the resources required by your team to complete projects successfully.
- Unit Test – Use this to describe the item under test, expected results and whether it passed or failed.
- Version Control Log – Use this to track the Product’s Version No., its Date, and Approvals.
- Web Usability Report – Use this to analyze the usability of a web project, such as the performance of its Navigation, Graphics, Error Messages, and the quality of its micro-content.