You can use this Interface Control Document template to describe the relationship between system components in terms of data items and messages passed, protocols observed and timing and sequencing of events. Interface Control Documents (ICD) are a key element of systems engineering as they define and control the interface(s) of a system, and thereby bound its requirements.
Interface Control Document Template: Benefits
Use this template to:
- Describe the interface to a system or subsystem.
- Describe the inputs and outputs of a single system, the interface between two systems, the interface protocol from the lowest physical elements to the highest logical levels.
- Describe how to access the functions and services provided by a system via an interface.
- Include information about the size, format, and data.
- Provide a structured way to communicate information about subsystems interfaces between different design teams.
Interface Control Document Template: Blue Theme
Interface Control Document Template: Red Theme
Interface Control Document Template: Table of Contents
1.3 System identification
1.4 Operational agreement
2. Interface definition
2.1 System overview
2.2 Interface overview
2.4 Data transfer
2.5 Transaction types
2.6 Data exchanges
2.7 Precedence and criticality
2.8 Communications methods
2.9 Performance requirements
3. Interface Requirements
3.1 Interface # Requirements
3.2 Interface # Requirements
4 Interface Verification
5 Interface Control
Interface Control Document Template: Content & Format
The templates are in Microsoft Word (.doc) and can be downloaded online for only $4.99. The template pack includes the following document:
|Interface Control Document Template||17 pages|