Want to replace the default MadCap Flare logo for your online help?
Before you do, a few things to consider:
- For IE 6 or older uses — save the logo as GIF with a transparent background. If you use PNG, the transparent portion of your image appears as black.
- For IE 7 or newer — save the logo as PNG with a transparent background.
- HTML 5 skin — create the logo 60 pixels high. The width depends how far you want it to stretch across the header.
One suggestion is to create the logo 55 pixels and leave a 5 pixel border to set it off from the other UI elements.
- HTML 5 DARK skin — use white (or another light color) for the text to contrast with the dark background.
- HTML 5 LIGHT skin — use… go on, have guess what color? J
Save the image somewhere you’ll remember, for example to your Content/Images folder.