Contract Technical Writer
Need a reliable Technical Writer to write your User Guides, Online Help, or Technical Documentation?
I’m Ivan Walsh. I’m based in Dublin, Ireland and help companies in the US, UK and Europe with their technical documents.
- Getting Started – If you’re setting up a new Technical Documentation team, I can help you define templates, style guides, and document review processes.
- Document Planning - I can show your team how to create documentation plans, scope projects, identify costs, resources, and ensure technical communication projects get delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Stay on Schedule - If you’re behind schedule, I can develop technical documentation that takes the pressure off your team?
- Document Conversions – Need documents converted into/from MS Word, Adobe FrameMaker, or Apple Mac?
- Chinese – Our technical writers in Beijing can translate your technical and business documents from English into Chinese.
- Template Design – Can we improve the design and layout of your templates?
- Technical Writing – I can prepare use cases, process designs, requirements, help increase user adoption, and develop online help.
- ITIL Documentation – My deep knowledge of ITIL has helped develop content for service/support environments.
…for companies such as:
- Accenture, Agilewords, Allied Irish Bank
- Bank of Ireland, Bearing Point, DHL
- Disney, Ernst & Young, IBM
- Intel, LeasePlan, KPMG
- NEC, Oracle, S1
- Symantec, Valista, Vodafone
Technical Documentation Expertise
Can I help you with any of the following?
- API Programming Guides
- Configuration Guides
- Data Sheets
- Fact Sheets
- Functional Requirements
- Installation Guides
- ITIL Documentation
- Help Systems
- Marketing Communications
- Online Help
- Operations Manuals
- Process Design
- Process Mapping
- Policy Documents
- Release Notes
- Reference Manuals
- Structured Authoring
- System Administration Guide
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Setup Guides
- Use Case
- User Guides
- Website Content
Web Content Development
Like to make your IT blog a little more interesting? Maybe get more comments, shares, and Facebook Likes? If you need a writer with the right blend of technical knowledge and a nice, easy to read writing style, then drop me a line. I can help you:
- Develop content plans that unify your text, audio and video content assets.
- Create an editorial calendar to organize, schedule, and focus your content strategy.
- Write articles that position you as an authority.
- Identify customer personas and write content that addresses their pain points.
- Write landing pages that increase email capture, encourages interaction, and generates more sales.
- Develop SEO friendly web content.
Sound interesting? Email me to arrange a Skype (ivanwalsh). There’s no fee for the call.
If you’re developing a new product or service, consider writing a white paper (or case study) to raise its profile and generate publicity in the process. White papers don’t need to be long. Most are five to ten pages. It’s about two days work.
I can help you:
- Write white papers that get the attention of decision-makers at an executive level.
- Use white paper to generate leads.
- Bring you to the attention of journalists and trade publications.
I’ve developed white papers for IBM and Intel that positioned them as innovators, thought leaders, and experts in their fields.
Would white papers help your marketing efforts? If so, send me an outline of what you’d like to achieve, who you want to target, and when you want to start.
Contact Me Now
If you need a technical writer on a contract or freelance basis, then please feel free to contact me here.
Tel: 00 353 1 86 0886 349
Email: ivan at ivanwalsh dot com